Monday, August 25, 2008

Cool Mom Points

I've got to get at least a few "cool mom" points for Jack's recent birthday party. My reptile/snake-lover is turning nine next month and we had his birthday party a couple of weeks ago. We found out about J&D Reptiles from a friend and I knew it would be Jack's dream party. Jeremy and his mom came over with about 10 snakes and a cool Tagu lizard. All of the kids seemed very interested and were amazingly unfazed and unafraid of the reptiles. Here is the crew listening to Jeremy's introduction of each snake:

And here is that cool Tagu lizard that I reference above. It was wriggling around quite a bit wanting to get down...making me a tad nervous.

The show continued on. Jeremy introduced his corn snakes, milk snakes, ball pythons....and then.... we got to see what was in the bag and in the big blue tub...

How would you like this thing slithering across your front yard? Well, as you can see below, Miss R. was totally unfazed. She just kept eating her pretzels as if nothing was about to crawl in her lap. Her mom remained incredibly cool and composed while watching this...

And here are a few other candids...the birthday boy in his glory...

Ben all wrapped up..

Luke and Mr. P - goofy faces..

Amy was so excited too. She is so used to seeing her brothers handling snakes that they hunt in the back woods that she was totally cool with the larger version.

Oh, and Jack's big cousin came too, which was huge considering he hates snakes. Jack attempted to get close, but 'Cuz wouldn't have any part of it...

And what do you think of my cake?

All in all, a highly successful party! Kids got a lot of hands on time with the snakes! Thanks, Liane for taking the great pix with my camera.

1 comment:

Deb Hanna said...

you are so brave! YUCK! I hate snakes. I will send my kids to your house when they are in a snake mood. Love the cake- well done.