Sunday, August 24, 2008

Okay, I'm Rolling Now!

Chris and I will be married ten years this October. When we first started dating fifteen years ago, we went to visit his friend, Todd, at his parents' lake house in NH. Well, I've been visiting Todd and his family every year since. What started out as two couples drinking, laughing and playing cards has now transformed into two families with a total of 7 children. Between the two families, the first five were boys. Oh lordy, there were a lot of boys. But as luck would have it, both of our last children were girls. What fun!

This year we visited for a whirlwind weekend but were still able to do all of the fun stuff that we ususally do (except play cards). And the little ladies are both around two years old and they stole the show. Here they are:





My little chica is on the right and her buddy Miss A is on the left. These two got along so well. Pretty remarkable for their age and their birth order. They are both probably used to getting most of what they want. But they didn't battle over anything...miracle!

So we did sneak in some tubing and ski-skimming. Here are my crew..








Luke shared his ride with Mr. T who was behind the boat for the first time. Do you think they were having fun?

I was trying hard to get a picture with some photographic content (is that a real phrase?). There is a cool red boathouse that I have been admiring for years. I took the following picture trying for the focus on the reeds/weeds with the boathouse in the background. What do you think?



This is a SOOC (Straight Out of Camera) shot, cropped a little.

And here is a cool B&W of the chica



This girl is so much fun. She just lights up my life.


I so admire all of these photographer mom/bloggers and wonder how they blog so often and post such amazing pictures. I guess you get good at it after a while. I've got a ways to go, but I hope to get there some day.

1 comment:

Deb Hanna said...

Love that picture of Ben! well done. looks like superfun.