Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Photography News

Well, there are a few things new in my photography world. I'm proud to report they are:

1. I joined another photo contest on Boston.com. I know there is no chance of winning (and the prize is only $100), but hey..maybe as I get better I'll get an honorable mention. The first month was a "Beach" theme and this month the theme is "My Neighborhood". There are a lot of great shots, mostly landscape shots. I submitted this cool picture I got of Jack holding a snake. Frankly, this is what happens in my neighborhood. Anyway, here is a link to the entry: My entry on Boston.com. You'll have to page down to find mine, but it's fun to look at the other pictures and see how people wanted to portray their neighborhoods. Wish me luck. And if you are really my friend...vote for me when it's time to vote!

2. My friend Jamie insisted that I join his photo group. It's a small group of three people who post pictures on different subjects/categories on a weekly basis. I'm excited because it gives me incentive to photograph something other than my kids, my kids playing sports and my kids. I started last week and the category was "Object". This week is "Colors". Come take a peak if you'd like! My new photo club link! The pictures that I posted will be noted as by "Fotos4fun".

3. I don't know if I mentioned this earlier, but a good friend and I started a little photography business this past spring. I have been shooting pictures of Jack and Ben's team and their opposing teams and have finally posted them to our site. I even got an order from a person from another team! Yeah! Check out our website - Frozen Action Photos !

That's all for today!

No comments: