Monday, September 15, 2008

The Scooter

Chica "borrowed" a princess scooter from her friend, Miss A (Not sure Miss A will be getting it back any time soon). She has been having the best time scooting back and forth in front of the house. She's pretty good at it and I think she's trying to keep up with the big boys. Last week it was the just the two of us and she was scooting once again....and also looking particularly cute. There was a soft wind that was blowing her hair and she had on this orange shirt and jeans. So I ran up and got my camera with my 50 mm lens that my blogging friend, Deb, told me about. I was chasing her with my camera and I had to get up close for these shots because there is no zoom on this lens at all. I was surprised how clear the pictures came out because I can guarantee my hand wasn't steady. She loved that I was chasing her and was laughing up a storm.








She did stop a couple of times and I took a still shot which I really like. You'll notice that her face is dirty after eating some snack...something chocolately I'm guessing. I did a quick attempt to photoshop off the dirt but the shadowing in that spot was going to pose a challenge and take some time so I decided to leave it as is. This is what her face looks like 90% of the time anyways. I'll take dirty as long as she keeps smilin'.

2 comments:

Deb Hanna said...

woo hoo! look at you rocking the prime lens. way to go. you will LOVE the sharpness of this lens once you get used to it. it was after I mastered this lens that I began to look at my old lens with disgust. Love the catchlights in the last one.

Jamie said...

hey momma chica, where's that kid's helmet??
will you please join our photoblog club? we need inspiration from a different camera lens!!