Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Fun with School Pictures

I've been thinking about this post for a while now. I know some of you will find it humorous, interesting or entertaining. I was recently rummaging through my bin full of memorabilia belonging to Chris and me. His mom was very good at saving his old grade school class pictures. My mom...not so much. There are a few of my school pictures, but none of my class pictures. I do think that we have some school pictures from the same grades. I can't specifically tell which grades, but I think I can match up our ages based on our teeth. Don't laugh. Those of you who know us know that we both have big teeth. In some of our school pictures, the growth of our new teeth looks to be at the same exact stage.

Well, Jack is the only one who has his adult front teeth. I have scanned Chris', Jack's and my pictures from (approximately for us) second grade, and I would like to take a poll as to who you think Jack looks like based on Chris' and my school pictures. Now, you'll quickly notice that there is also a similarity in our bangs. I don't know if it was just the times or what, but Chris and I both have these horribly straight-brushed bangs. When I see Jack brushing his bangs forward I bring out these pictures to remind him why it's not such a good idea.

Okay, so here are the pictures of Chris and me. No comments from the peanut gallery.

Chris....


Me... (I was fighting the curls from a very young age)


Our first offspring, Jack....







So, I can't wait to see the results!!

And while we're on the topic of school pictures, I have to share Luke's school picture from last year. When I showed up at his preschool to pick him up one day last spring, the teachers were so excited for me to come in and see Luke's school picture. Hanging along the wall were all of the kid's pictures. I worked my way along until I came across Luke's picture. Here it is.

Admittedly, I was speechless and confused. I inquired as to "what was with the hat?" The teachers looked at me so seriously and said, "He said you wanted him to wear it". From this I learned that 1) Luke is very convincing and 2) My taste must not be so hot.

Luckily, I did not purchase but one 4X5 picture and a class picture. And I think this is one of the funniest things I have seen in a long while.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

He's mom all the way!