Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ten on Tuesday

Some of my favorite bloggers due a weekly post on Tuesdays...Ten on Tuesday. They just talk about ten things going on in their lives or ten random thoughts or observations. I've been wanting to blog, but haven't really taken many pictures or had too much exciting to say. So I thought I'd try my first Ten on Tuesday post. Here it goes!

1. All the kids are doing great. Indoor soccer has begun for Jack and Ben. Jack is pumped to be playing U-10 on the bigger field with some boys he played with last year. Much better soccer than what he played in the fall. Very exciting. I will miss taking photos until spring because my lens doesn't work well for low light action. Bummer.

2. After listening to all the hype, I have finally joined Facebook. I won't lie and say I haven't had fun with it. I've connected with old grade school, high school, college and work friends. It is really neat and I would definitely recommend it. What's kind of interesting is that so many people I know (my age) just recently joined. I don't know why we all did at the same time. For those of you who haven't tried it...go for it.

3. Chica is slowly phasing out of naps. Out with the naps, in with the attitude. My little two-year old has kicked into Miss Independence. She is pulling stuff her brothers never did. Fighting me to get her dressed, taking her clothes off, etc. Good thing she has those dimples...or else. Here are two pictures of her wearing the poncho and hat that two of her favorite people made for her.



4. I never blogged about this, but I took a day-long photography class with friends Liane, Jamie and Peter a couple weeks ago. We drove out to Winchester, MA for an advanced photography class. It was a load of fun and I learned quite a bit, particularly about the power of Layer Masks. What's neat is that the four of us were in playgroup together probably eight years ago. Every Friday morning we'd rotate at someone else's house. And now the four of us have come together for our love of photography. Here is a picture that I took of our instructor Frank's dog, Beans.

5. The Type-A part of me recently took on a little project to sort through Lego sets. I'm almost embarrassed to admit, but I was checking off items on the parts lists to know what I had and what I needed. A total pain in the butt looking for specific pieces. But I'm happy to report that I was able to separate four complete sets. Not sure it was worth the time, but....

6. Anyone that knows me well knows that I am completely infatuated with The Pioneer Woman. This woman is well on her way to being famous....and all for starting a blog. She is amazingly talented. First and foremost, she is a RIOT. Then, she is a tremendous writer, amazing photographer, cook and a mom of four kids. Oh, and she burps really good. I have written her website down for probably three cashiers at grocery stores. I'm one of her biggest fans. AND...she gives away stuff all the time...good stuff!!! If you haven't already...check her out here.

7. I'm not lying....the other day I was coming out of Big Y and there was a dog with its head sticking out the window wearing sunglasses. I thought I was seeing things....but it was real. I got the following picture with my cell phone. It was a golden retriever and he was alone in the car. I swear I was on Candid Camera.

8. Turkey day right around the corner. Anyone looking for some cool recipes? Well, have I mentioned my friend The Pioneer Woman? Check out this post for some awesomely inspiring recipes. Love her.

9. November might be one of my least favorite months. That and March. It's getting really cold, the trees are bare, it's dark early, you know winter's coming..and the impending holidays...not a fun month.

10. I'm officially pooped and ready for bed. Will check Facebook before I nod off, of course.

2 comments:

Deb Hanna said...

I think I am trying the sweet potato recipe for T-giving. which one are you doing?

Paula said...

OMG, that picture of the dog in the shades made me LOL. I loved it! Hey, Lisa and I do a top 5 (or 10) list on our blogs every week. Lisa always picks the topics and I have a ball making my list. You need to join us . . .