Monday, January 5, 2009

Ups and Downs

Our healthy streak ended. I can't remember the last time we had a holiday season where everyone was completely healthy. No colds, stomach bugs, fevers.....nothing. I don't think there ever has been such a time. Let it be known that Christmas 2008 was our healthiest one yet. And the Chica was just am amazing trooper. Staying up late at various gatherings and not napping...but somehow staying happy and playful.

On New Year's Day I snapped a couple shots of her in the tub. I'm still trying to work out how to get my inside pictures look good without flash.



Less than 48 hours later Chica got a stomach bug of some sort. Although she only got sick a couple of times, it is taking her a few days to get back to normal. She has slept great the last couple of nights but she is still not eating much. Yesterday while the boys were skiing she fell asleep on the couch. I couldn't resist a couple pictures of this sight.



Looking forward to her full recovery...and the return of her big smile.

1 comment:

Craigwp said...

Even when she is not up to par she looks beautiful. Kids are very resilient and you'll have that smile back sooner than later.