Monday, March 16, 2009

Freedom

Today I am going to Costco to return the last box of Huggies size 6 diapers purchased last Sunday that still remains unopened. After 9.5 years straight of diaper purchases, I am finally free. Now of course this is bittersweet because it means my baby, my Chica, my Sweet Pea has grown so fast and is almost ready for school! But it is also liberating because I don't have to worry about having diapers and wipes with me at all times. Heck, I don't even have to buy pull-ups because she has such good control that she is dry in the morning. She gets it. Thank God for small favors.

She was ready faster than her brothers. None of them was trained before 3. I had heard girls are easier and faster. Now I can confirm that statement.

The key to my training with Chica:


The jelly beans were hers and only hers for when she did her business. She loved having ownership and control over her choice.

Let's hear it for Chica!




2 comments:

Paula said...

You needed to go through potty training to figure out that girls are smarter than boys???? Congrats on your new-found freedom!

Deb Hanna said...

YEAH!!! good job Chica- well done! I can't imagine how liberating this is for you.