Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Smilin' Cat

For today's Way Back Wednesday, here is a picture that I took in my mid-twenties (Probably 1993). I was single living in Wollaston, MA...dating Chris. On a walk with my roommate one day I found a kitten. It was a beautiful kitten....dark gray with long hair. Afraid the cat was going to become roadkill on the busy shore road, I scooped him up and brought him home. I did put out signs for the lost cat in the area where he I found him, but nobody claimed him. 16+ years later, the cat is still living with me and the fam today.

He's one of those cats that doesn't like to be held or touched. I was afraid of how he would react to children because he has a nasty streak. But I'm happy to say.....four kids and two dogs later, he has learned to adjust. He still won't let me hold or pet him for more than a few seconds, but he sleeps curled up next to me every night.

This picture always cracked me up because he was wedged in next to my fish tank and looks like he is smiling for the camera! Cheeeeeeez!

And here is a more recent picture of "Kitty".


No comments: