Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Way Back Wednesday - Before and After

I hope you all think this is as cool as I do. I recently scanned in my absolutely-positively-favoritest picture I have of my mother. She must be three or four in this picture and I just love everything about it....her little coat, her tight curls under the bonnet, her beautifully round cheeks....and most of all, the way she is standing. Just love it. Here is the photo...and you can see the many, many folds, wrinkles and discolorations.

I decided to try a little photo restoration using Photoshop Elements. Using the Clone Tool and a little bit of Spot Healing I restored my favorite picture to THIS:
Can you believe it??? Here is a side-by-side to show the comparison:

I also adjusted the lighting some and sharpened a little. It was fairly simple to do overall. Tedious, for sure, but fairly simple. I am extremely excited to print myself a new and revised copy of my favorite picture!

3 comments:

Deb Hanna said...

Love it! well done!

Charleen said...

Great job! Family photos tell such wonderful stories. What do you know about the photo? If not much ask mom a few questions, grandma too.

Paula said...

Very nice indeed.