Sunday, May 31, 2009

Keepin' It Real

This weekend it dawned on me that I have some real power over my childrens' memories. Admittedly, I am just not good at taking video. I know I am going to regret this, as videos are a lot more fun to watch than pictures are to look at. You can hear the voices, see the expressions, see what little bodies looked like when they run around. Luckily, I have always been good at taking pictures...as well as printing and filing the pictures in albums for my kids. So they are going to have MANY photos to show their future spouses, children and grandchildren.

So....do you think Luke will feel pretty good about himself if he looks back and sees the following pictures of himself playing T-ball???

Getting down on the grounder....using two hands...


Throwing his whole body into a slide at third....

Making contact with the ball....without a T even!!

Now if I only printed these pictures, Luke would feel pretty good about himself when he's older. Although he may get frustrated with his own kids and not quite understand why the heck they can't be ready, why they are more interested in the dirt then the ball being hit to them, and why they can't stop hanging and climbing on the %$#&%* fence...

Video cameras aren't likely to miss this kind of behavior....

Ahh heck...I've just got to keep it real.

1 comment:

Deb Hanna said...

Love it! so cute! yes gotta keep it real. haven't printed pics or put them in an album in YEARS- good for you.