Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Way Back Summertime

I stumbled across this old photo in my bedside table recently. I must have been around seven. My sister and I are in the matching suits at the back of the bike. The driver of the bike is my childhood neighbor, Van, who was a great man. The other two in the picture were the grandson and granddaughter of another neighbor of ours (Kay) who lived directly across the street from us. The kids were from Michigan and used to come visit their Grandma during the summers. They were great play-friends for us. I remember lots of swimming, playing and horsing around in Kay's basement. I remember lots of good laughs with these two.

I recently connected with Kay's granddaughter on Facebook. And her grandson I have been exchanging Christmas cards with the last few years.

Good 'ole summertime memories!


No comments: