Sunday, September 20, 2009

Let the Games Begin

Although our fall sport's schedule has been underway for a couple of weeks now, I'm just now finally getting around to blogging about it. With the three boys all playing sports, the practice and game schedule is pretty crazy. It's all about the practices and games...the uniforms and water bottles...and the snacks and the sweaty heads when the games are over.

Ben's soccer games began a few weeks ago. His team is out to a very strong start with 4 wins and 2 ties. I have been so impressed with the boys and their position playing and passing. Their hard work and practicing has sure been paying off. Ben has been doing a great job and I continue to be impressed with his speed and perseverance. He never gives up and never complains.


The new sport in our lives is football. Jack's team lost their season opener last weekend (on Jack's birthday) 20-0. That was a bummer, but luckily they won their first home game today 8-6. Jack has been practicing and playing on the defensive line and has been really enjoying it all. There is a different kind of rush with football. I think the contact and roughness really pumps the boys up....gets the testosterone flowing if you will. Jack has had a few great tackles and I'm very proud that he is giving football a try and working hard to learn and improve. I have a lot of work to do to figure out how to get some good photos. There aren't that many opportunities when you don't carry the ball.




And the biggest surprise of them all is my Luke. I just can't believe the change from last year. The boy who was rolling around on the ground at the end of the season last year is now eagerly raising his hand to play and really doing a great job! I can hardly believe it's the same kid. He played goalie this weekend and didn't let one get by him! Of course it's also fun because he plays with a bunch of his friends and we get to hang with the parents on the sidelines and watch the magnet-ball together.





So I'm in my glory right now...traveling from field to field. For me there's nothing better. Although it pains me to miss any of my kids' games, it's inevitable with 3 kids playing....soon to be 4! Chica's next up....will it be soccer, field hockey, cheerleading? Will it be lacrosse, softball or track?? Only time will tell!

No comments: