Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Celebrating Six

Three weeks ago tomorrow Luke turned six. As always, it is a very challenging time a year to schedule a birthday party. The sporting events and the Columbus Day holiday throw a wrench into my planning every year!!

Luke really wanted to see the movie Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs so we invited some of his friends to come see it with him. The kids all came to the house first and we played a couple of games and then went right to the cake, ice cream and presents.

I decided on cupcakes this year and decorated them with 'spaghetti and meatballs'. I thought they actually came out so cute. I spread some yellow frosting on the bottom then squeezed yellow tubed frosting with the smallest tip. Then I put on some red frosting from a tube (bigger tip) as the sauce and topped them with Boston Baked Beans candy. I had gone up and down the aisle at the grocery store looking at the candy and the Boston Baked Beans were the closest I could find to meatballs. Most of the kids pulled them off and put them on the side of the plate when I told them they were candy-covered peanuts. Oh well...they looked good anyway.

My big six year old during his birthday song...


Luke was super excited to get some Bionicles, games and cool army-guy stuff. All were right up his alley. After presents, the crew below loaded up and headed to the theater to watch Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs in 3-D.


It was a fun afternoon of celebration for Luke and his buds!

No comments: