Saturday, May 15, 2010

Gettin' Away

It's not often I sneak away for a night. Maybe once a year or so. A few weeks back two of my close friends and I went for an overnight to Ogunquit, ME. The consensus was we needed to take advantage of that weekend.....the husbands were home and we weren't missing any sporting or other important events. The weather wasn't looking ideal, but we came to our senses and went for it.

The ride up was enjoyable. We chatted about our kids and shared ideas on good books and dinner ideas. We laughed. We stopped in Kittery for a quick shop in the Trading Post and treated ourselves a bit. Next stop was an awesome lunch at the Maine Diner, after which our bellies were nice and full for our next stop.....the spa. Liane and Karen opted for massages and I chose a spa pedicure. Happiness.

We checked in at The Anchorage in Ogunquit. I was the only one of the three of us who had never been there. This great spot is right on the water and just a walk from Perkin's Cove. We freshened up and tried to agree on a spot for dinner. The decision was to pop into a few different places for drinks and appetizers. The second stop ended up being our final destination. We perched up at the bar enjoyed the atmosphere, the cosmos, the food, the bartenders, the band and our name guessing game.

We walked back, had a good night's sleep, a great walk along the Marginal Way, a delicious breakfast, relaxing showers, shopping at Perkin's Cove, an awesomely filling lunch and we were on our way back home. The three of us agreed this was the perfect quick getaway.....but we definitely could have used another night to just chill, relax, read a book and perhaps take a nap.

I brought my camera in hopes to find a picture for April's RAW contest....themed "Doorways". Here are some of the various pics from our getaway.

The sky on the day we arrived...


Sunday morning it started to brighten up....

Right before we left I took this shot and submitted it as my April entry. Didn't make the Top 50, though.

A couple other random shots ....


Back to Perkin's Cove....


And those that know me, might appreciate this capture.....


(The only other thing I want to remember about this trip is that Jack called me about every hour and a half to check in)

2 comments:

Craigwp said...

Great pictures. This is the way I love to relax.. or used too. At the sea or on it :-)Glad you were able to get away for a few days. You certainly deserved it.

Deb Hanna said...

good for you, getting a pic of the 3 of you together. sounds like a great escape.