Saturday, May 8, 2010

Like A Box of Chocolates

Tulips are my favorite flower. I've been planting tulip bulbs for the past few years and been so happy with how beautiful they have sprouted. My favorites were beautiful pink impression tulips that were tall with large, gorgeous blossoms. I'm always depressed with how short their lives are and that they really only come up one year...maybe two with some luck.

I decided to give daffodils a try this year, knowing they come back every year and that they seem to last longer than the tulips. I don't know much about daffodils and the different types, so I decided to try a daffodil mix. Although they blossomed at different times and different locations, I loved seeing all of the different versions. Who knew there were so many types of daffodils?? I tried to find the specific names for these daffodils but it was taking too long and I wasn't 100% sure I was right. So for now, just the photos.....

Beautiful double daffodils, Ice Kings I believe...


A smaller white double daffodil, with multiple blossoms...

Another smaller type with multiple blossoms (I think Scarlet Gem) ......

Beautiful white/yellow trumpet daffodil....

Another gorgeous double daffodil....I think a Tahiti

These trumpets were really cool....white with salmon..


Some more pretty trumpet daffs....



I am very happy that I planted daffodils this year!! I am going to get some more this year and plant them in different spots around the house. Any of my local friends who want to order some, let me know and when the catalog comes in I will give you a call! The quality was excellent!!

No comments: