Saturday, September 4, 2010

And Then She Was Four

Sometimes I wonder if time would seem to pass more slowly if I didn't have children. Earlier in the summer we celebrated four years from the moment that Chica was born...

Undoubtedly, this was the biggest and most exciting surprise of my life. We did not know what we were having for any of our four children. So after three boys, Chica was quite the surprise.

Auntie Pat bought Chica a special Princess birthday hat for her first birthday. We haven't missed wearing it yet.

On her first birthday she was not in the mood for either her new hat or her cake......

A year later she was a mini-person already....

All smiles for birthday number three....

And now, birthday number four.

Words cannot express my love for this little girl. She has been the happiest, smiliest, laugh-iest girl that has brought so much joy to my life. I'm so blessed to experience a little girl.

It had been determined months ago that Chica wanted a bounce house for her birthday party. We went on-line together and after scrolling up and down the website numerous times she finally decided on the Strawberry Shortcake bouncer.

It was a HOT day. Downright sweltering. Chica invited some of her favorite friends from preschool and her besties from birth! There was some bouncing, some snacking and, finally, some swimming! The party would have been a complete disaster without the pool.

With her love of bugs, the cake I decided to make for this year her was a lady bug. The big lady bug was chocolate and the little cupcake lady bugs were white. The kids were so excited to see the cake when I brought it out. I tipped the board up to show them my creation and most of the mini-lady bugs slipped right off onto the floor. That sure was a proud moment.



I was overjoyed to see Chica open her presents. I love little boys and their 'stuff'....but these little girl presents were a welcomed change. She got lots of crafts like awesome sticker sets, markers, paper, a bracelet making kit and one of her very favorite gifts.....a tattoo making kit.

She got princess barbies, a strawberry shortcake set, beach toys, chocolate bubbles, silly bandz, books...and from two of her favorite families, a jelly bean bracelet and a whole lot of jelly bellies! (This goes back to a special morning she spent with Li where they stopped at Li's favorite gourmet chocolate shop and Chica picked out jelly beans!)

All in all, it was a great day and a great party. From the smile below, I think you could say that my baby girl agreed.

2 comments:

Bee's hive said...

Awwww bless....what a beautiful little girl! I like the picture of her holding the jellybeans, saying "ya try and stop cute little me!".

Homeschool on the Croft said...

Very, very precious. We've been blessed with 2 boys and 2 girls. Of course boys are...well, they're Mum's boys, but the girls are soooo precious.
Your little princess' expressions and smiles are simply gorgeous.
Love, Anne x