Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Express Yourself

I opened up today's prompt with a tad of dread. The dreaded self-portrait. Well, a self-portrait was not required but was one example of how to express ourselves.

I had a really hard time trying to think of what to do for this theme. I've never been a fan of getting my picture taken. I decided to try to capture part of my face in a photo. It was hard to capture what I was going for while trying to kiss a squirmy dog. While one of my fingers was holding down the focus button, another accidentally moved the exposure setting down. The photo was very dark...but I boosted the lighting and then applied a couple of Pioneer Woman's actions to get this result.

Honestly, I was feeling ashamed at this photo and not expecting many comments. But wouldn't you know it's the first one that the teacher has commented on....calling it 'precious'. A great end to the day!


2 comments:

cggrlogan said...

It is precious! A wonderful capture and I really like the treatment. You are very brave. I, too, dislike the self-portrait. I tried a couple shots of myself but I just look at them and think, "who is that old person and where did I go?" lol I'll leave them on my computer just so there are shots of me that maybe someday my kids will appreciate.

Becky

Bee's hive said...

That is a great picture, and it captures something so very sweet. I like that your not afraid to smooch on a slobbery dog!Gross as my dog is sometimes, he still needs love.