Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Mount Monadnock

To say this post is a little late is an understatement. I'm not even sure exactly when this trip occurred (I think in the beginning of August?), but I DO know that it needs to be documented! Plus, it's nice to think of warm-weather activities in the middle of this crazy winter.

Last year (2009) Chris took Jack on a hike and overnight camping trip to Mount Monadnock. They had an amazing time and really bonded together. This year (2010) Chris took all three of the boys. The three of them hiked to the top of the mountain. I would never question Jack or Ben being able to do this. But Luke was only 6 at the time and I wasn't sure he'd have the stamina to complete the long hike to the top and back down.

Boy was I wrong! He did an amazing job keeping up with the boys. I gave the boys (I think Jack was in charge) my pocket sized camera to document the trip and here are some of their pictures:



And they made it to the top! What a gorgeous day and what a view! Last year it was foggy at the top and you couldn't see anything.

Ben....the King of the World!!




The campers' snack at the summit...

Some silly tent shots....


So I wonder if the ladies will be ready to take the trip on this coming summer?

2 comments:

cggrlogan said...

Wow, what a gorgeous view! Looks like fun.

Becky

Deb Hanna said...

There are some great pictures there- well done. and you know I won't judge you on waiting so long to document :)