Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Myth.....Busted

This was the scene yesterday....on the first day of Spring 2011. I had recently found the cutest little gnome and mushroom statues at Target and placed them in front of the sprouting daffodils. This past weekend Chris raked the whole front yard and the kids (begrudgingly) picked up all the piles of sticks, pine cones and dead grass. The yard looked great and I was really feeling spring!!!

I didn't put away the snow boots, hats, mittens, coats and snow pants, though. I thought that would be a big jinx. But I guess the placement of the gnome statues outside might've ticked off Mother Nature.

Remember Punxsutawney Phil failed to see his shadow on Groundhog Day last month, predicting an early spring? That myth is officially BUSTED!!! And more snow is predicted for tomorrow!


2 comments:

thedailyclick said...

That is such a cute picture! I'll have to check our Target for those little statues (they're adorable!!).
Your first day of spring this year, was our first day of spring last year, when the Dallas area got several inches of snow.

cggrlogan said...

Those are so cute. I have a similar photo that I will be posting later today but I'm waiting for the sun to shine so I can do a diptych. C'mon sun!

Becky