Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Big Sky

Ever since the tornado the sky has been large....grand....endless.  I'm mesmorized with cloud formations, the color of clouds, the blueness of the sky, the sunrises and sunsets, the moon that is so visible now....and just the amount of sky I can now see.  It's hard not to focus on the weather. The last year we have seen so much bad weather.....from multiple feet of snow to damaging funnel clouds to 10 inches of rain within a few weeks time. 

I have a friend that grew up here but now lives in California. He visited his parents back this past summer and the first thing he said after viewing our new landscape was, "Big Sky." And I thought, YES!!

The neighborhood up the hill now has a clear view of the whole mountain range on the other side of town. What I wouldn't give for that view!  But I've seen some pretty skies right outside our back windows recently. This view took my breath away and I ran for my camera. I'm glad I did because the vibrant orange and dark pink was gone within minutes.


Big skies....are definitely the new normal around these parts.

1 comment:

cggrlogan said...

A bonus to the tornado destruction? Do you think the town will start charging a view tax? Regardless that is a glorious sky!

Becky