Saturday, January 14, 2012

Fall Sports Wrap

I've learned that I'd rather be busy juggling sports activities for four kids than at home with four kids and no activities! I don't know what I'd do if my kids didn't enjoy sports.  Sports keep the kids active and teach so many good life lessons.  The only problem for me is that there is no way to see every game for all of my kids. There are always conflicts. But I strive my best to keep my attendance even.

Ben's team played U-11 A-Division in a local league.  They ended up in third place out of twelve teams with a record of 10-4.  This was the boys' first time on the big field playing 11 vs. 11 players. The boys adjusted well and had an overall great season.  Ben played consistently well and played all the positions...both sides of the field. He plays with a great group of kids! The boys made it to the playoffs but lost,  playing that chilly morning before the snow began during the crazy October snow storm. 

My favorite thing about the way Ben plays is how when he gets possession of the ball he takes it up the field as far as he can, always looking for the best thing to do with the ball.






This was Luke's first season in the local 'traveling' soccer league. He played U-9 with a bunch of other boys in 2nd grade.  The team was over their heads a little in the B Division. I think they won just one game...but that was enough to keep their little spirits alive.  They were coached by a man who doesn't have any kids on the team...a man who's youngest son plays for our town high school team in his senior year but was out with an ACL injury.  Coach Frank was just amazing...teaching the kids good skills and always maintaining incredible patience and a great attitude. He was highly regarded by all of the parents and the kids.  Luke seemed to really enjoy the team and enjoyed playing all of the positions. He played goalie a handful of times and early in the season saved a penalty kick.  My favorite thing about watching Luke play is how excited he got when his teammates scored. He always seemed to be there with a congratulations hug.






Our only non-soccer player in the fall months was Jack. Jack played Fall Ball again for the same Springfield Titans team he played for last fall. This team offers a different mix of personalities that Jack really enjoys and we were thankful that he was able to play with them again. He played against a couple of his buddies/classmates from town and that made the fall ball games even more interesting and fun.  They were the same kids he played against in the summer wooden bat league. Jack hit like crazy in fall ball. He was so consistent that his fall ball coach told us he would tease his regular season coach about how Jack was hitting "lights out" for him.  Let's hope he can do that again this spring!!!






And that is what my three men did this fall!! I am hoping that next fall the fields are a little drier then they were this past fall!!!

No comments: