Saturday, January 21, 2012

Sky-phonagraphy

In 2011 I became somewhat addicted to iphonagraphy.  What is more convenient than having your phone also take pictures which can be quickly uploaded to the internet?  Once I stumbled across Instagram, it was really over. With a couple quick clicks you can take a cool picture, crop, add a filter and share. Although the resolution of the photos from my phone aren't that great, the pictures look great in the smaller size. 

Another thing I've become somewhat obsessed with....mostly since the June 1st tornado....are crazy skies and cloud formations.  Scary clouds, beautiful clouds, sunrises, sunsets....I always seem to be in tune these days with what is going on in the weather and in the sky. This is a sad realization...and just one of the ways the craziness of 2011 has impacted me personally.  And I sure can see a whole lot more sky than I used to.

So here are some of my favorite sky-phonography pics....

May 5th - as the boys were warming up before an early evening baseball game.

Crazy sky

June 25th - Chasing a double rainbow behind the mall.

Double

July 7th - newly traumatized by weather, this sky scared the be-jesus out of me.

Get me outta here!

August 8th - a happy cloud....a heart straight ahead on our way to Cape Cod

Heart

August 12th - the most gorgeous sky from 2011...cloudless Chatham Lighthouse Beach

Cape

August 24th - Gorgeous night of summer baseball

Baseball

August 31st - Soccer game at dusk

Pretty sky

September 8th - just creepy

Crazy cloud

September 8th - pretty sunset

Sunset

September 10th - the swimmer cloud - identified by Ben

Swimmer

October 2nd - storm clouds approaching the Circle

Nasty

November 28th - most beautifully colorful sunrise ever, even behind the unattractive backdrop

Fire

November 28th - the most beautiful pink clouds covering almost the entire sky

Princess clouds....unfiltered, unedited

December 9th - neat cloud formation seen from the Pike

Clouds

January 6th, 2012 - Gorgeous sunset coming out of  doctor's office

Sunset over route 20

These were just some of my favorite sky-phonagraphy pics from the last year!

No comments: