Sunday, October 7, 2012

Catching Up on Fun!!

I hope some day I can catch up on blog posts...maybe even stay current for a while! Not enough hours in a day!

There was so much going on in May and June with sports, school and other activities. I took lots of pictures and don't want them to get lost in the shuffle. So this post is dedicated to all of the non-sport activities I was able to attend and capture this spring!

Field Day!

I attended three field days this year! I worked the water station at 2 of the schools. I must say, it was a little messy but a lot of fun. At Ben's school I was just learning the ropes of the job and didn't get any pictures of Ben and his team.  Two teams had to fill up large PVC pipes with water, run and dump the water in a barrell. The challenge being the multiple holes that the kids needed to try and cover to save the water from leaking out on the way to the barrell.  The kids were such troopers. Most certainly embraced the wetness and mud. Others steered clear.

I raised my hand for this station again at Luke's field day. I figured I knew what to do and was wearing flip flops again so I was good to go.  This time, though, I had my camera wrapped around my neck and got many shots of the familiar faces that visited the station.  Here are a couple of my guy:






And a couple of him at the tug-o-war



I went to Chica's field day but they didn't have the same crazy water station. I didn't take a lot of pictures that day with my big camera but did get a couple with my cell phone.



Field day with my girl. #whatiamdoingrightnow

Beach & Bubble Day is always fun. I stopped in quickly and grabbed a couple more pictures...after the tattoos and silly facepainting.





Kite Flying!

As part of his Art class, Luke and his classmates all made and decorated a kite.  At the end of school the parents were invited to watch the kids all fly their kites. I got there just in the knick of time to see Luke take off with his kite. It would have been a bummer to miss these amazing expressions.














Kite flying day at school!

Those were sure some fun end-of-school events!! I wouldn't have missed capturing those faces for a moment!

No comments: