Wednesday, January 9, 2013

July 4th!


Once again, we were blessed to bring our large family to stay with our friends on Cape Cod over July 4th.  Six of us and two dogs, and we continue to get the invite.  God bless our country and God bless my red-headed best friend since 1st Grade. 
 
We were sure the annual parade wasn't going to work with the weather, but the rain stopped just in time for yet another great parade. We've been so many times I am definitely remembering many of the faces of the parade participants.
 
I found some fun socks and necklaces at JoAnn's Fabrics before we went. Uncle John got the face paint going and these three really got in the spirit.
  
 
Jack and  Ben couldn't believe Luke wore the socks...but I was proud of his spirit!!

 
 
 
The kids (mine) are getting less compliant for pictures so I opted for the annual group shot before the parade.  The days of pictures with ice cream truck treats are long gone.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Our visit was quick this year. We got a beautiful beach day at Nauset the first day and I captured some of my favorite iphone photos. One photo (the first below) was selected to be included in an e-book published by Haagen-Dazs called 50 Summer Moments.
 

 
 
 
 

No comments: