Thursday, March 28, 2013

Annual Squinty Eyes Photo - 2012

After a great trip to Cooperstown and a good summer overall, it was time to head back to school.  The backpacks were filled with brand new supplies and the kids were eager to see who was in their classes. I was eager to regain some organization and sanity and watch our major house project come together.

Jack and Ben were back on the bus together, both heading to the Middle School at an ungodly early hour. Chris was away for the first day of school but thanks to Apple technology, he was there to say good morning and good luck to the kids and to have coffee with me.


I knew I probably didn't have much of a chance to get a picture of Jack but after much threatening and promising not to post on Facebook or Instagram he gave me a nice smile. That beautiful new smile.....I don't get enough photographs of that these days.

 
 Ben, my excited new middle schooler, managed to give me a silly smile. I can't believe he is going into 6th grade!! It seems like he was just chasing me down the street with a gallon of orange juice (inside family joke).


I was happy to have the boys reunite as schoolmates.


The next group was much more compliant for pictures. No problems getting smiles from Luke.....heading into 3rd grade this year and ready to conquer the world.


And my baby girl....already in 1st grade.  Not sure how the heck that happened. This would be my last year at her school and I was already sad to be done when the year hadn't even started.


Squinty eyes, smiles, and poorly exposed photos....but at least I captured them all.

No comments: